Did you know?
Just like cars, garage doors need to be maintained to keep them safe. Our thorough inspection (outlined below) will help prolong the life of your door and the opener while keeping them safe, quiet and dependable. Annual tune-ups prevent minor problems from turning into huge disasters.
Sectional Door Checklist
- Inspect all hinges for wear and cracks.
- Inspect all rollers for loose bearings and faulty roller stems.
- Inspect end bearings and center cones on torsion tube.
- Inspect track for bends or misalignment.
- Inspect sections for bends or cracks.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Tighten all nuts and bolts.
- Wood sectional – tighten hinges whether loose or not.
- Balance and adjust accordingly
Piece Door Checklist
- Inspect all 5 pivot points on hardware for worn parts.
- Check for safety wire and clips on springs.
- Inspect jambs to see if they are split or hardware is rubbing door.
- Confirm if chains are welded links.
- Inspect to see if bottom or top rail is split.
- Lubricate all moving parts and springs.
- Tighten truss rods and end brackets.
- Check the door for balance and adjust accordingly.